Is there any relation between masturbation and sexual health?

Dr. Ashish Mittal

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Sexual Problems
Question: Hello, i am 20 years old with 53 kg Weight (116 lbs) and 173 cm (5.7 ft) Height and i was doing Masturbation since i was 12 years old, and my Maturity was too early as well, i wanted to know the effects of doing that on my body and will it make any problem for me in sex? i never had sex as well and i do not know if it make any problem for me in the future of my sex life. Thanks if you answer me.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Masturbation is not harmful. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress. Important aspects of your query are: • 20 year old female • Concern related to masturbation. Masturbation is considered as a part of normal human sexual behavior and it is very common among young males. Worry related to masturbation is a common problem faced by youngsters, due to ignorance or due to non availability of sex education. Many times those who are not aware of it discuss it with their peer group who are equally unaware of this, and the problem is compounded by immature discussion among the peers. Therefore, please do not worry about it at all. Some people have many wrong ideas about masturbation - that it causes ill effects on health like nervous weakness, reduced energy, etc or sexual problems like impotence in the future. All this is not true and these are just myths and misconceptions. More than 80% man and woman masturbate in some point of the time. In present situation if you are not masturbating more than 3-4 times per week than there is no problem. If you are masturbating more even then it is not harmful but it is better to decrease the frequency of it. Even past history of excessive masturbating does not affect patient condition, but if you have guilt then it can increase your worry and anxiety. Final message: do not worry and enjoy masturbation whenever you do it without any guilt. I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups. Wish you good health. Regards, http://bit.ly/Dr-Ashish-Mittal
Follow up: Dr. Ashish Mittal 15 minutes later
Thank you very much Dr, by the way im Male and about Masterbution some say that it effect hairs and if you do it alot you will loose Hair and i wanted to know is it true or not and some say in sex you will not enjoy it when you masterbute alot and you will end sex so quickly so i wanted to be sure of this as well, Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 18 hours later
Brief Answer: No, It do not cause. Detailed Answer: Hello again, Thanks for follow up. It was typing error, but I was addressing you in the answer. There is no need to worry. Masturbation do not cause hair fall and do not cause early ejaculation, otherwise 90% of people will have such problem. Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful. Wish you good health. Regards