Is there any recognized cure for peripheral neuropathy?
Treatment for peripheral neuropathy explained below in details.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I understand your concern.
There has not been found a cure which can treat neuropathy, but there are several cures which can treat the symptoms.
The first line of treatment are anti-inflammatory medications such as Ibuprofen 400 mg which is used three times a day.
In our daily practice, I often prescribe Gabapentin or Pregabalin (Lyrica).
These medications are very effective in treating the symptoms.
I would also recommend a Capsain cream for local application.
If the symptoms continue after these treatments I suggest to consult a neurologist for a neurological examination.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?