Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Is there any permanent cure to diabetics ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
sir, i am having diabetics from 4 to 5 years i am taking some tablets refered by doctors my friend said that your tablets will cure the diabetics soon can u send me ur tablets.
age :40 (9.12.1971)
now eating tablets :glycinorm M80 mg,arbitel 40 mg ,turbovas 5,
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query. What you are having is type 2 diabetes. In this, there is a problem in the way your body makes or uses insulin. Glycinorm M 80 contains gliclazide and metformin and is one of the good treatments of diabetes. You have to get your blood sugar levels checked at regular intervals and if they rise in spite of taking this medicine then another drug like thiazolidinediones need to be prescribed.

These medicines are available by prescription and other than these and injectible Insulin there are no drugs to control blood sugar levels. Try to maintain a healthy lifestyle by walking briskly for 45 min to 1 hour daily and take a diet less in added sugars like sweets, cakes etc.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor