Is there any pain medication for persistent pain in the left inner thigh that does not cause respiratory depression?
my family and i are beside ourselves as to what to do next. our main concern is getting her pain under control. morphine is def out and she did have comfort from a fetanal patch. what real good pain med is out there that will leave respiration be?
Fentanyl patch is a good option.
I can certainly understand your concern.
I have worked through your attached query in detail.
Fentanyl patch should be considered in view of her good response to it.
Likewise it's advisable to consult a General Surgeon in person for possible repair of the torn muscle. This can minimize the need for analgesics.
Please check with your physician if he shares my view and if can prescribe these medications to her.
Dr. Suresh Heijebu, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have severe pain depression took lupron zoloft right medication
- Medical conditions that cause depression
- Drugs/medication for Pains in the thighs
- Can depression cause pain
- Suggest medication for depression and body pain
- Opioids and respiratory depression
- Medication for moist skin on the thigh causing pain
- Fatigue chest pain on pristiq medication suffering from depression
- Opiate respiratory depression
- Chronic pain medication causes