Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Is there any other treatment option apart from surgery for varicose veins in my right leg?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3190 Questions
Hi, I am XXXX aged 35 years, I am having varicose veins on my right leg. I consulted one of the doctor and suggested me to go for surgery. I would like to know, is it really required to go for surgery or any other medical teatement is available. Thanks & Regards, XXXX
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Operative decision depends on many factors Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Mr XXXXXXX If Varicose vein is associated with other symptoms or complications like the following surgery is usually advisable 1. Pain: Pain which is not responding to conservative medical management and the pain is due to varicose vein 2. Presence of Varioce Ulcer/ eczema/Hyperpigmentation 3. Presence of severe reflux ( Incompetent Sapheno-femoral junction) along with associated symptoms. The decision to operate or carry out conservative management depends of overal clinical profile of every patient. It depends based on the symptoms and investigation findings like doppler scanning. Conservative management(Non-Surgical treatment) includes the following advise 1. Graded Compression stockings: To be worn immediately after getting up from bed and to be removed while retiring to bed 2. Limb elevation while sleeping: By placing pillow under the leg 3. Avoiding prolonged standing 4. Proper walking technique: Placing heel first on the ground 5. Massage The decision is based on many factors. In case you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take Care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS,MS,MCH Consultant Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor