Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Is there any medicine to increase height?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
Hi ,I am 25 years old and my he aight is 5"4 I want increase more. Can please tell me there is any medicine that can help me?
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Sorry,no medicines can help and effective.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query.

Sorry dear at your age it is not possible to increase height natural way.

Please note that for a male the growth takes under the influence of a chemical called growth hormone and testosterone.

Individuals height depends upon many factors like:

Family trait:means height of parents
Over all growth

After age of puberty that is about 12-14 years in males the growing ends of bones fuses so that after that is not possible to increase height.

No medicines,no injections can increase height. The products that claim such thing are fake and not to be used.

I hope this helps.



Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor