Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

187 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Is there any medicine to convert hair color to white?

Answered by
Owl Image
Dr. Praveen Rodrigues


Practicing since :1993

Answered : 1196 Questions

Iam 35 year old and i look very young. I want to know if there is any medicine to convert part of my hair into white
Sat, 29 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 49 minutes later
Hi there,

To be honest, this is my first time in 20 odd years in the field that someone has asked me this query. Very refreshing change. Actually, one can try to bleach a forelock & there are some strong chemical bleaches. But I would recommend a mild bleach so that you do not end up damaging your hair. Do not take oral medications as albeit they may work, it would be ethically incorrect for me to name them & they may cause some serious side effects.

Do hope this answers' your question. Cheers & Good Luck.

P.S..I empathise with you as at one point I shared a similar predicament . Cheers!

Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on