Is there any medicine or cure for premature ejaculation?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Sexual Problems
Question: Hi I am XXXXXXX I want to ask that during the intercourse i ejaculate in 1-2 minutes is there any medicine or way so the duration can be increased? or this is the normal duration?

Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX
The lack of proper erection or inability to sustain it is called erectile dysfunction.
2 minute is a bit short time to get satisfactory activity for resolution.
There are many causes for this- psychological stress, performance anxiety, day to day life stress, dislike for the partner, fatigue, side effects from drugs, diabetes, neuropathies, local problem, hormonal imbalance etc.
It is important to know if you are having any personal discord, what are your expectations about sex, are you a diabetic also, Whether also taking anti-hypertensives called nitrates.
I think you can use the ED drugs if the problem persists.
Please put a follow up query giving more information on these details so that I can fine tune my opinion.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.