Is there any interaction problems between hot chocolate and Lipitor?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Fri, 1 Feb 2013 in General Health
Question: is there any interaction problems if i drink hot chocolate (made from cacao powder, no sugar or milk) and Lipitor?
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 49 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, there is no such documented interaction between cocoa and lipitor till now.

Lipitor contains atorvastatin. This drug lowers the LDL cholesterol level in blood.

Now, the patient must start a low fat diet before starting this medicine. But, the medicine can be taken with or without food.

As the hot chocolate is XXXXXXX in fat, you should avoid it.

Lastly, there is no such documented interactions between cocoa and lipitor.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.