Is there any interaction between Metformin and Imodium?

Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I would like to know the interaction between Metformin & Imodium AD. I have Diabetes & am currently being treated for Adenocarcinoma. I have undergone the Chemo, but the radiation has caused more problems. My Gastro- intestinal tract is torn-up. I'm also a nurse. I held my Metformin today & felt better. BS was 160 & I did not have diarrhea for the first time in 20 days. I'm simply getting weak. The Radiation Oncologist just says, "When radiation stops so will the diarrhea & keep taking the Imodium AD. Thanks, Jan
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No interactions between metformin and imodium

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thank you for the query at HealthcareMagic

There are no serious adverse interactions between metformin and Imodium. Both these medications can be taken together.

Hope I was able to answer your question
Please feel free to address any more concerns
Dr.Lekshmi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy