Is there any good medication to treat a bump under my left upper eyelid?
Since three days am feeling like there is something like very small growth or bump under my left upper eyelid which I couldn't able to see. It causes only irritation without any redness, inflammation etc.
I tried ciprofloxacin eye drops but I didn't see any good results.
Can you tell what could be the reason for this and prescribe any good medication?
Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’.
Thanks for sending your query to us.
This apparently is a chalazion (I would have preferred a photograph). This will need Neosporine H eye ointment to be applied at the lid margin for it to resolve.
If there is only irritation,then lubricant eye drops like Refresh Tears or Tears Naturale should be used.
Any further query in this regard please do get back to me.
Neosprin H is not available OTC, can I take only neosprin ointment ? or please suggest any alternative medication.
Thanks for getting back to me.
You can use Ciplox eye ointment, along with warm compresses. In a couple of weeks this may resolve. In case of poor response, these are surgically removed.
Continue with this treatment and your symptoms will improve.
Dr. N. K. Misra, Ophthalmologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Medical term for flipped eyelid
- Orange eyelids medical questions
- Medically is materbation good
- Medication to treat left ventricular atrophy
- Drugs/medication for upper eyelid coloboma
- Medication good for middlesmertz pain
- Medical nerve twitch on left upper left
- Medical term for thick eyelids
- Good medication for high sgpt
- Medical term for heavy eyelids
- Plaquenil,vitreous detachment.Side effect?
- How is eye infection in diabetics treated ?
- Optic atrophy, uveitis. Curable?
- Does cannabis have any side effect causing retina tear ?
- Can driving, swimming, flight journey and involve in sex, 10 days after...
- What are the brown patches in my eye after being hit by a soccer ball?
- Green discharge from eye, red eye, unable to open eyelid. Causes ?
- How is hypermetropia in children treated ?
- Eye pain, taken artificial tears, wear CPAP mask, have type 2 diabetes,...
- Congenital cataract in both eyes, signs of squint. First squint surgery...