Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

181 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Is there any good medication to treat a bump under my left upper eyelid?

Answered by
Dr. N. K. Misra


Practicing since :1977

Answered : 1225 Questions

Posted on Tue, 21 Aug 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hello doctor. Good Morning.
Since three days am feeling like there is something like very small growth or bump under my left upper eyelid which I couldn't able to see. It causes only irritation without any redness, inflammation etc.
I tried ciprofloxacin eye drops but I didn't see any good results.
Can you tell what could be the reason for this and prescribe any good medication?
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 8 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’.

Thanks for sending your query to us.

This apparently is a chalazion (I would have preferred a photograph). This will need Neosporine H eye ointment to be applied at the lid margin for it to resolve.

If there is only irritation,then lubricant eye drops like Refresh Tears or Tears Naturale should be used.

Any further query in this regard please do get back to me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
Thank you doctor, actually am not able to take a pic of chalazion because it is located at innerside of my eye my which I cannot see..
Neosprin H is not available OTC, can I take only neosprin ointment ? or please suggest any alternative medication.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for getting back to me.

You can use Ciplox eye ointment, along with warm compresses. In a couple of weeks this may resolve. In case of poor response, these are surgically removed.

Continue with this treatment and your symptoms will improve.

Take care.

Dr. N. K. Misra, Ophthalmologist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on