Is there any cure for candida? If so, what is
Hello and welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service,
There are treatments for candida, but they depend on the location of the candida.
If candida is in the mouth (thrush), a treatment for that is oral Nystatin.
I can't tell if you are male or female (name XXXXXXX but listed male for gender). It makes a difference in terms of treatment:
If candida is on the penis causing infection and swelling of the foreskin, treatment is an antifungal, and if the foreskin can't be retracted, then urgent urological consult is needed.
For women with a "yeast infection" of the vagina, there are over the counter creams to insert into the vagina. Creams containing Terconazole are effective against candida.
A bath with a cup of apple cider vinegar added to the bath water can also help.
If for a woman, yeast infections are recurrent, boric acid powder suppositories can be used.
For very severe cases of candida overgrowth, there is an oral medication called Diflucan, but this medication has risks of being hard on the liver, so it is not a "first line" treatment.
I hope this information helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis