Is there any connection between lump behind ear and shoulder pain?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in General Health
Question: I have a lump behind my ear that is not painful but is hard and visible to the eye. (but small) I also have neck and shoulder pain on the left side. any chance those are related? I also have tearing and sinus pressure on my left side. I went to the doctor and will wait a week to see if the lump decreases before going for a cat scan, but am now wondering about the other symptoms and if they are related.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Thanks or the query. It depends on the size of lump. Small lump behind ear are usually inflamed lymph glands. These can be related to sinus or ear infection. However other symptoms are not related with this. If the lump is large and progressing at a rapid rate cancerous conditions must be thought of. As the lump is small, you don't need to worry much. Let me know lf you have any other doubts. thank you