Is there any chiropractic treatment of ear infection for a child?
Thanks for posting the query
Recurrent infection in the ear is secondary to the pathology in the nose such as adenoids, nasal allergy and recurrent nasal infection.
Unless the cause is treated the ear discharge will not subside.
My sincere advice to you is to consult a good child specialist or ENT specialist for a complete evaluation of the nose and the ear. Also, the child will require an x-ray of the nasopharynx to look for any enlarged adenoids.
If you delay and look for alternate treatment, the child may have to compromise normal hearing and will develop permanent perforation of the eardrum.
Meanwhile, you can try the following:
1. Give plenty of warm water for the child to drink
2. Avoid making the child sleep under the fan or in front of the air conditioner blower
3. Use saline nasal spray 3-4 times a day to keep the nose clean and open up the Eustachian tube.
4. Avoid water getting into the ear
5. Do not use any ear buds to clean the ear
Hope this answers your query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for ear infection
- Best treatment for ear infection
- Adult ear infection treatment
- Ear infection ayurveda treatment
- Parrot ear infection treatment
- Treatment and cure for ear infection
- Fungal ear infection treatment
- Aspergillus niger ear infection treatment
- Ear infection treatment azithral
- Treatment corynebacterium ear infection