Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Is there any blood test to determine the infection in body?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
Is there a blood test that they can do to see if there is any infection in my body that my body may be trying to fight off?
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Different infections different tests Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Infections can certainly be detected through various blood tests but a strong suspicion of one particular organism needs to be there. For example High fever with low total count and gastro intestinal distubance one can ask for WIDAL to rule out Typhoid. High grade fever with sleep one can ask for Malarial Antigen. Throat infection followed by Kidney injury we could ask for ASLO. So my point is, several tests are available for various infections but in your case it is best to not only to approach an Endodontist but also an ENT surgeon as sometimes patients with a middle ear infection tends to have a similar complaints. I would like to add here that you could always send your blood and urine for culture to know what organism is present in significant amounts in case of a systemic infection I hope I was of help, if you have further queries please get back to me Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor