Is there any blood pressure medication that does not cause cough?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Is there any blood pressure medication that does not cause a Cough. I am on Tenormin and the cough is bad.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Yes there are many antihypertensive medicines which would not cause cough at all like calcium channel blockers- amlodipine, diltiazem, centrally acting alpha2 agonists-clonidine, ARBs- Losartan, Telmisarten.
These medicines need a physicians decisions after initial investigations for fitness before you decide to start them.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!