Is there any alternative for dialysis which is otherwise required twice a week?
Peritonial Dialysis can be a substitute for Haemodialysis
Thanks for query .
Dialysis is the technical process which eliminates waste products of protein and muscle metabolism from blood(body) which are normally passed out in urine by normal healthy kidney .In chronic renal paranchymal disease both the kidneys being damaged all these waste products start accumulating in blood and endanger the life of a patient .There are two methods which are implicated to throw out these waste products
2) Peritoneal Dialysis
Peritoneal Dialysis is comparatively cheaper than haemodialysis and can be practiced at home .However it has its own limitations .
Unfortunately there is no procedure or medicines that can replace need for dialysis and regenerate the damaged kidneys
Consult your Nephrologist for feasibility of the same for your aunt.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dialysis and protandim
- What creatine level requires dialysis
- Im a crf patient on dialysis twice a weekuf goal is around
- Natural alternatives to dialysis
- Creatine levels requiring dialysis
- Creatinine requiring dialysis
- Gfr levels to require dialysis
- Coreg dialysis
- Undergoing nephro treatment dialysis twice has diarrhea treatment
- Requirement for starting a dialysis unit