Is There Any Ayurvedic Medicine To Stop Darkening Of Skin?
my skin getting darker.
1. please specify your age and gender so that any occupation-related (sun exposure) and/or hormones related ( medical causes) pathology can be thought of.
2. Is the condition occurring in small patches or covering the entire body (a snapshot will be helpful).
3. Any history of injury to the skin. ( post inflammatory)?
4. Opinion of Dermatologist taken or not?
5. In Ayurveda, I usually manage my patient(s) on the line of either Bhrajak pitta dushti (if in patches) or as a Vata Pitta disorder (If generalized), so let me know your area of hyperpigmentation.
Dr. Munish Sood
This occurring on un hided body like hand ,face & neck specially on forehead.
Sunburn on forehead.
No opinion taken.
Hand, Face. & Neck.
Further necessary information
1. As the main [root] cause is sun exposure thus you need to avoid the sun exposure during peak hours, i.e. between 10: 00 a.m. to 5 p.m. [i.e. either stay/remain indoor or wear a good sun protective mask cover sun screen] and avoid wearing dark color clothes which absorbs heat.
2. Drink lots of water “ushna-udaka” [lukewarm water] to keep the skin hydrate and detoxified.
3. As free radicals aggravate the pigmentation in the body, so smoking should be avoided.
4. Wash your face with Besan and warm water soon after coming from outside as it is the best natural Bleaching Agent.
5. Take two spoonful of gram flour, add a pinch of turmeric to it, few drops of lemon juice and make a paste with a spoonful of curd. Apply this pack on the face regularly and you will notice drastic changes in your skin.
6. Grate 2-3 raw potatoes, next wrap them in a cloth and take out the juice, then mix a few drops of lemon juice and honey to it and apply it on the face or only on the marks. Wash off after 20 minutes. It is very useful in reducing pigmentation and marks caused by sun-tan and burn.
7. AVOID: hot spicy foods, Animal fats, Eggs, Canned foods
i. trifala ghrutam with cow's milk.
ii. praval-pishti + kamdhudha rasa + saptamrit loh
iii. Arogyavardhini vati 2 BD before food with lukewarm water and Sarivadhyasav 30 ml with equal amount of water [after food].
iv. Apart from this I usually prepare result oriented face wash and suntan cream with very good and effective results, so if you are interested in the two I can courier you the said medicine(s).