Is there an alternative to topical Ansaid? My insurance company

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
Is there an alternative to topical Ansaid? My insurance company wants $2500 for a month's supply and the cost is prohibitive. My 94 y.o. mother was given samples and it has helped relieve her pain. She had a recent fall and fractured L-1. She is waiting to see a Spine specialist for options. barryr
Fri, 2 Feb 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Diclofenac gel, Piroxicam gel.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Ansaid is one of the brand names of Flurbiprofen, so, any other topical drug that is composed of Flurbiprofen is an alternative ( XXXXXXX Fortine etc.).

Diclofenac gel, piroxicam gel also is good and cheap alternatives to be used in this case.

Hope you found the answer helpful

Let me know if I can assist you further.