Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Is there a way to lower your C02 level?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3026 Questions
Is there a way to lower your C02 Level and what is considered high
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need details Detailed Answer: Dear Friend Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I have read your query in detail , i understand your concern. pCO2 levels are usually seen and monitored in Arterial Blood Gas Analysis (ABG). If it is high , we need to rule out the cause. Most common being Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). I would like to know following : 1. What symptoms lead to getting tested for CO2 levels.? 2. Any smoking? 3. Occupation? 4. Attach the report of CO2. Treatment depends on it's cause and its level. If it is very high , and symptomatic , we have to use BIPAP machine. In unconscious patient , ventillator is required. But again , since you are conscious , well oriented as you are asking you query, i don't think you require all this. Reply with these for a better help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor