Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Is there a particular surgery that can tighten the sphincter?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 589 Questions
is there a particular surgery that can tighten the sphincter? I had a very painful bowel movement a few years ago and it loosened my sphincter, to wear usually gas doesn't make noise anymore. It sounds like air escaping a tire most of the time. I'd like to correct this if possible.
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

I can understand your concern. But, first of all the problem needs to be found before thinking about the surgery of this kind. I want to reassure you that there exists various treatment plans for your kind of problem but the cause of symptoms need to be identified initially. This is possible by assessment using some investigations like Anoscopy, Rectosigmoidoscopy etc. I want you to XXXXXXX a Surgical Gastroenterologist to properly diagnose the cause of your symptoms.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor