question-icon

Is there a natural way to decrease CA125 level?

Posted on Thu, 20 Sep 2012
Question: is there a natural way I can decrease my ca 125 level? I'm at 52 as of aug 7th
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR (3 hours later)
hi,

CA 125 is a glycoprotein which presents in the blood, and its levels can elevated due to many reasons like pelvic inflammatory disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, recent surgery, fibroids, endometriosis, ectopic pregnancy etc and also ovarian malignancy,
so the levels will be raised because of some underlying cause, to decrease the levels that cause to be treated.
the possibility of reduction and time required will depends on the type and severity of the problem usually but this may not be seen in all,
as per proved studies there is no natural way to decrease CA 125 levels unless that treats the underlying cause, some articles are showing that cranberry can decrease the levels but there are no sufficient proved studies regarding this, you can discuss this possibility with your doctor and follow her advice.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN