Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Is there a natural way to decrease CA125 level?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
is there a natural way I can decrease my ca 125 level? I'm at 52 as of aug 7th
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later
Thanks for the query.

CA 125 is a glycoprotein which presents in the blood, and its levels can elevated due to many reasons like pelvic inflammatory disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, recent surgery, fibroids, endometriosis, ectopic pregnancy etc and also ovarian malignancy,
so the levels will be raised because of some underlying cause, to decrease the levels that cause to be treated.
the possibility of reduction and time required will depends on the type and severity of the problem usually but this may not be seen in all,
as per proved studies there is no natural way to decrease CA 125 levels unless that treats the underlying cause, some articles are showing that cranberry can decrease the levels but there are no sufficient proved studies regarding this, you can discuss this possibility with your doctor and follow her advice.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Hematologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor