Is there a link between soft drinks and joint pain?

Dr. Rajesh Gajwani

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Is there a link between coka cola and joint (knee, finger, hip and foot) pain? Lee
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Gajwani 2 hours later

There is no study which proves any correlation between coca cola and joint pains. Therefore if you are suffering from the same, certain investigations are required for a diagnosis.
Hope this answers your query.
Follow up: Dr. Rajesh Gajwani 3 hours later
1. are there positive and or negative effects of glucosamine as related to the aformentioned joint pain and 2. are there long term effects from the use of naproxen sodium for pain relief
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Gajwani 10 hours later

Generalised joint pains may be due to osteoporosis and yes, glucosamine has positive effect on the same (to some extent), with no negative effects.

Constant/ long term use of naproxen sodium in spite of being a safe drug may cause gastroenteritis, therefore its usage should be intermittent.

Hope this answers your query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan