• question-icon

Is there a difference between Clingen and Clingen 3 suppositories by Aristo Pharma?

Posted on Thu, 16 May 2019 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: 1.Is there a difference between Clingen and Clingen 3 suppositories by Aristo Pharma ?
Once comes in a pack of 7 and the other in packs of 3. Will the size of one dose be identical ?
2. This was prescribed once , but how often can this be used ( is use after 5 months ok?)

Details: From their site, both seem to have Clindamycin 100 mg. Its not clear if the Clingen 3 has Clotrimazol of 200 mg or 100 mg.

Clingen:
100mg,
Each Soft gelatin vaginal suppository contains: Clindamycin Phosphate BP equivalent to

Clindamycin 100 mg, Clotrimazole 100mg

Clingen 3:
Each Soft gelatin vaginal suppository contains: Clindamycin Phosphate BP equivalent to Clindamycin 100mg, Clotrimazole 200mg
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follow the advice.

Detailed Answer:

Coming straight to the answers to your questions:

1. Clingen Vaginal Supp. contains Clindamycin 100 mg, Clotrimazole 100 mg. It's available as a pack of 3's, 7's, the only difference is the number of suppositories (3 means for three days and likewise).

The Clingen 3, on the other hand, contains Clindamycin 100mg and Clotrimazole 200mg and is available as a pack of 3's. Therefore, yes the Clotrimazole dosage is double here compared to plain Clingen.

2, No, although it was prescribed 5 months before, you should not use it again without a proper check-up. Unsupervised use cannot only prolong the presenting complaints but also can produce unnecessary microbial resistance (symptoms may or may not be identical, but diagnosis can be different).

For this, I'd recommend a gynecological check-up at first (a few relevant investigations like vaginal swab culture, sensitivity, Gm-stain and a few others may also be required). Management can be initiated by the gynecologist as per the clinical examinations.

Hope I have answered your query. Take care.

Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Critical Care Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist