Is there a change to become less sensitive to a

Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist

Posted on Thu, 7 Feb 2019 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: Is there a change to become less sensitive to a stimulus that affects you?

For example in my case the smell of my work building causes me mild asthma symptoms, mild nose conjestion and nausea. This symptoms dissappear or almost dissappear once I get off work.
Is not a big problem but sifnificantly affects my quality of life.

Any thoughts.
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Read the following

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to 'Ask A Doctor'

I can understand your concern

Yes in fact it is already known that the pollution of the environment may worsens the asthma situation.In some patients it triggers the episode of attacks in fact.

Nevertheless in our daily clinic practice we advise our patients who are diagnosed with bronkial asthma to avoid such places.

In your case you should try to discuss with your employer if it is possible to change the position of your work in an other place with clean air.For this your treating doctor may help you to give a prescription of your diagnosis and treatment for the employee.

Or if it is not possible for you try to take professional masks during the working time and use correctly the inhaler twice (Budenoside )

Another way is to discuss with your doctor for the vaccines of the allergy if they are indicated in your case

I hope to have been helpful

Dr.Jolanda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Jnikolla 3 days later
Can you please explain a bit more what allergy vaccines are! Will they make you less sensitive to a stimuli that affects you?
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Continue discussion

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

The vaccines are to low the sensitivity of your organism of the several allergens.But it is the allergologiat specialist who should decide about what kind of vaccines you need and for how long you should take them.

Dr.Jolanda