Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Is there a chance to increase the height at the age of 24?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
Hi......I'm 24 years old,how to increase my heiht at this age?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 37 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

I am afraid dear, there is no way you can increase your height at this age.

Let me try to explain you the basics first.

As the age advances the long bones of body grows in height from childhood to puberty. At the age of about 13-14 years, when you reach puberty, under the influence of male hormones you start growing hairs on your face, axilla and genital region.

At the same time under the influence of these hormones the growing ends of the long bones fuses with the shaft and the bones stops growing in height.

After that bones can increase in strength and weight but do not grow in height.

Please take good diet XXXXXXX in protein, vitamins.This will help in general to have good health.

Please do not take any so called diet supplements or medicines to increase height. Nothing works.

I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up query that you have.

In case you do not have any further query, please accept the answer.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor