Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Is there a chance for STD after intercourse with a just delivered women?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
im 31 years old. 185 lbs, heathly, recently had a check up. never had an std.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 35 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I will need some more information from you to help with your concern. First of all - do you think you have any risk factors for an STD? These factors would include having unprotected sex within the last 6 weeks or any history of intranasal or IV drug use. Secondly, if you could forward a picture of the suspect rash to my attention at YYYY@YYYY , I can study it and give you my opinion. Please try to make sure the picture has adequate resolution.

I look forward to providing you with a complete answer here and I await the additional information from you for now.


Dr. Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Is there a chance for STD after intercourse with a just delivered women? 54 minutes later

I have had sexual relations with one person 2 weeks ago. She has had a full check up recently and had given birth to a child 6 weeks ago. I assume she was clean. Ive had no IV's or drug use. I will be forwarding 2 pictues to your email provided. Mind you the red dots do not go below my underwear waist band and there are no dots/bumps on my penis or scotum.
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 54 minutes later
Thanks for the followup and photos.

This does not appear to be an STD. It looks like a very mild and superficial folliculitis or inflammation/infection of the hair follicles. Sometimes an antibiotic cream or tablet will help these go away faster. In the meantime I suggest you take some warm soaks in the bathtub two to three times daily. This will help open your pores and drain some of the material such as sebum and skin which can clog pores. Wash with soap gently - no need to scrub as scrubbing may make the condition worse.

If the areas expand or become very painful you can see a physician who could prescribe an antibiotic for you to take by mouth. An over the counter antibiotic cream may be helpful as well in the meantime.

Thank you again for your question and followup with photos. If you have additional concerns please let me know.

Take care and all the best to you.

Dr. Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor