Is there a blood test to detect cancer?
No. Complete Blood count will be only one in list.
Hello and thanks for your query.
I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.
Assuming you are looking for a mammogram, breast ultrasound, biopsy, MRI are the most likely ones to confirm the presence of cancer and type. Others like bone scan, CT, PET, Blood counts will be done to ascertain the staging if it is.
Hence, a single blood test for counts will not be enough.
Another test for gene mutation BRCA 1 and BRCA 2 is done only for those with definite family history and selected patients and not as routine as above.
Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.
Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.
Dr Sujeet, MBBS, MD.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Vaginal itching, red body rashes, taken Celestamine for sinusitis. Side...
- Itchy, sensitive, pus-filled mole in crotch, dark red stain after...
- Anal leukoplakia on outer skin possible? Symptoms and cure?
- Gliotic lesions, extensive demyelinating disease
- Frequent urination, tingling sensation. Reason?
- Sudden hearing loss, scared
- Vasectomy done, occasional motile sperm found in test. Is pregnancy...
- High CA125, taking chemotherapy for stage 3C ovarian cancer. Stress and...
- Suggestion for high glucose ac level?
- Heavy, clotty periods, pelvic pain, done scan, history of ulcerative...