Is there a blood pressure monitor available that can provide
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on Ask a Doctor service!
I understand your concern and would explain that all electronic blood pressure monitors have a certain accuracy for blood pressure values.
It is known that Medtronic and Omron may have some problems in blood pressure monitoring in pacemaker patients.
In this regard , a wrist monitor would have a higher accuracy compared to the arm monitor.
Unfortunately, there is no specific device that would solve the problem.
Manual blood pressure monitors are much more correct in such cases, although they are not very easy to use.
Anyway, another option would be wearing a Holter Blood pressure monitoring for 24 hours and checking the values with your monitor in order to evaluate its accuracy.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
I remain at your disposal for any further questions whenever you need!
Dr.Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?