Is the tridot test at 8 months result conclusive?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Dear Sir/Madam,

I have participated in safe sex(condom & no oral sex) around 8 months back. No condom breakage. I even got fever at the time with nervous.
Going to get married in few days. To clarify my self went for tridot test today in a pathology lab and result is negative.
No symptoms as till date (no fever, throat swell etc, no health issues faced after my intercourse). Do I need to go for any other test to be on safer side(for my life partner).
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not necessary for test.allay fears totally.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for query. I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering your query.
It is good that you had protected intercourse.The chances of transmission of HIV if unprotected intercourse with positive person is only is 1/200 to 1/1000 .
You had protected intercourse so it is almost nil.
so you can allay fears.
More so your tridot test has come negative after 8 months .So you can totally allay fears of HIV.Also no other symptoms .
You need not go for any test further to test for HIV and lead a normal life.
Allay totally fears of HIV
You can get back to me for any clarifications.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh

Follow up: Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 2 hours later
Thanks for your help.
Need more clarification on sexual life.
1)Do I need to follow any precautions while sharing my sexual life with one person(spouse).
2)Will it cause any infection if we keep on participating with out condom
3)Is there any better way to avoid pregnancy other than condom(healthier way)
4)Now a days I hear that many people unable to get a child if they avoid pregnancy for long time. Is there any specific period I can wait(we want to enjoy normal life for 1 year). What could be the reason for this issue(any precautions).
5)Any suggestions
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Use contrceptive of choice for 1 year.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for follow up query.
I do not see any precautions needed if both of partners are faithful to each other.
As all your tests for STDs have come negative you can have unprotected intercourse.(Though unlikely you can get test done for hepatitis B .other stds not needed)
there are other options for preventing pregnancy like regular Oral contraceptive pills, Intra uterine devices, male and female condoms.You can discuss with your doctor advantages and disadvantages and choose of your choice.
No pregnancy in spite of 1 year of unprotected intercourse is considered as infertile couples .there are many reasons like male, female ,both or unknown . you can use any of the contraceptive methods for 1 year and then stop it and go for pregnancy.
You can get back to me for any clarifications else please close the discussion and rate.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh