Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Is the throbbing pain in my right testicle due to testicular torsion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 362 Questions
I'm 29 years old and two and a half years ago had testicular torsion. My right testicle is throbbing in pain. I would say 8 out of 10 and then sharp thrusts of pain every now and then and thats 10-10. Its not as painful as the torsion but definitely crouched in pain.

Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 4 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Testicular pain can be due to multiple causes. Testicular torsion causes very severe and colicky pain. Epididymoorchitis (Infection) can also cause pain in the testicle which is usually dull aching. Some times, ureteric stone (Renal Stones) will cause pain which specifically gets radiated to the testicle. This pain can even be sharp.

Your throbbing pain of the right testicle could be suggestive of Testicular torsion. Since your had had similar problem in past, it can recur too.

You need to consult your physician at the earliest and get your self evaluated. A doppler Ultrasound scan of the scrotum can reliably pint point the problem and help assess the viability of the testes if its a torsion.

Hope this answers your query.

Please get back if you need any further information

Thanks and Regards
Dr Kiran
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Is the throbbing pain in my right testicle due to testicular torsion? 2 hours later
Can my testicle be dying? Without testicular torsion
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 6 minutes later

Well, testis can get damaged due to many reasons. However, a complete damage is possible only due to Torsion.

Infection or trauma will cause only partial damage.

Its unlikely that your testis is dying.

However, a torsion needs to be ruled out as it cuts off the blood supply to testis and causes damage.

Hope this answers your query.

Take Care


Dr Kiran
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor