Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Is the thick mole inside my belly button an indication of cancer ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 299 Questions
Hi, I am pregnant and recently discovered a big mole inside my belly button and was worried. The mole is thick with a dark brown layer on top and broken. Looks almost like a crust but it's not.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Skin Cancer
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 16 hours later
Hi Elinor,

Thanks for the query.

I am Dr.Vidya, please find below the answer for your query by our specialist Dr.Krueger.

The big mole on your umbilicus (belly button) warrants an immediate examination. Since you have a history of uterine and breast cancer,you must not delay in getting yourself examined by an Obstetrician or a Dermatologist.Pregnancy must not interrupt you in seeing a doctor now.

Since this warrants an examination ,I will not be able to point out on the diagnosis.
The examination will determine whether it needs to be biopsied or surgically removed.

Hope this answers your query.I am available for follow ups as well.


Dr. Krueger
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor