Is the small sore on penis signs of STD?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2013
Dec 2013

Dermatologist
Question
I am afraid I have an std such as herpes or syphilis. I woke up this morning and noticed a small sore on my penis. It is irritating to the touch. I attached photos. What do you think this could be?
Posted Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly send high resolution pictures

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for small sore on penis. I have gone through the picures sent by you which gives an impression of "Herpes genitalis" but the area gets blurred on magnification. If you can see the picture then it magnifies the thumb area rather than the sore area.

To diagnose the exact entity I request you to please upload few good resolution pictures of the affected area so that I can analyze it better. Kindly send good resolution pictures focusing the area of concern which can be seen on higher magnification. For uploading the pictures you have a facility on the right side of the page or can send on:

YYYY@YYYY

with "attention:Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia"

Also kindly tell me any history of unprotected sex of any type.

Hope to hear soon from your side.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD- Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases

Follow-up: Is the small sore on penis signs of STD? 9 minutes later
Do these photos help? I cabt get them any more zoomed in than this. I have had unprotected sex with 2 or 3 females within the last year. I thought herpes was a cluter of blisters? I never noticed a blister. I just woke up and saw the sore. Its a single sore

Brief Answer:
Giving an impression of Herpes gentialis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello young fellow,

Welcome again and thanks for your follow up.

As I analyzed your first picture of "image.jpg" it is giving an impression of Herpes gentialis.

The latest of the pictures 0000.jpg & 0000.jpg are bit blurred than the previous pictures and showing a single superficial ulceration. I think you have touched it or tried to scratch it.

If you can see in the picture there are multiple small glistening dots kind of appearance is present.

The typical history of appearance overnight with superficial ulceration in picture gives the indication towards herpes only.

I suggest you to go for blood test for herpes- HSV 1 IgM & IgG with HSV 2 IgM & IgG to confirm the exact status.

I hope these information's will help you. If you have further queries I will be happy to help.

"Wish you good health and early recovery from the problem"

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia