Is the sharp splitting headache after reaching orgasm in an older male normal?

Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 11 Jun 2018 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Why would an older male have sharp headache after orgasm?
Answered by Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
older male have sharp headache Due to Raised Intracranial Pressure

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthCareMagic.com I am Dr.J XXXXXXX Anto Bruno Mascarenhas. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you.

An older male has sharp headache after orgasm due to raised intra cranial tension

Intra cranial Tension (ICT) or Intra cranial pressure (ICP) refers to the pressure inside the brain. When it is raised beyond a limit, there is headache

During Orgasm, ICP increases a bit. When the Baseline Intra Cranial pressure is within normal limits, even when there is raise in pressure, it does not cause headache

If the Baseline ICP is high enough to cause headache then there is headache all the time

But if the baseline ICP is itself a bit high, but not so high as to cause headache, there is no headache during routine activities
But During Orgasm, the ICP Further increases and the threshold is crossed. So there is headache

In Short
Headache during Orgasm means that the individual has a high ICP
So
He has to consult a Neurosurgeon to find out the cause and treat accordingly

Hope you found the answer helpful.

If you need any clarification / have doubts / have additional questions / have follow up questions, then please do not hesitate in asking again. I will be happy to answer your questions.

Best Wishes for Speedy Recovery
Let me know if I can assist you further.

-oOo-

PS 1 : After all your doubts have been cleared, kindly (a) Close this Question (b) Rate my Replies and (c) Give your Feedback.

PS 2 : In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly in HealthCareMagic at http://bit.ly/askdrbruno
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T