Owl Image

Is the p 24 combo test results conclusive?

Owl Image
Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain

Question
hello
i did p24 combo test after 24days of possible exposure, the result was Nonreactive, can I rely on the result and move on without any further testing? the lab specilist told me the result was conslusive but I am Still Worried.

I had unprotected oral sex and protected veginal sex, status of the girl unkown.

thank you.
Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Results conclusive, no worries

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I do think after 24 days, with a properly done P24 antigen determining test, the results are conclusive. No further testing is required if you have not had any recent risky exposure (unprotected sex or sharp object use of wound).

No real reason to worry at this point in time. Kind regards,

Dr Bain