Is testosterone injections safe to improve libido?
Question: hi. I'm 32 male and my testosterone level is 231 ng/dl ( reference range 241-827). my libido is very low and very often i have problems to keep erection during sex. I have a wife and we planning to have a kids so i wanna be back to healthy. Please tell me if i will take testosterone injections( terapeutical dosage of testosterone propionate 25mg 3 times a week) it won't get worst? i heard that even low dosage of testosterone can lower sperm count and quality so is XXXXXXX i guess if i wanna have kids! So what to do?
so injection small dosage of testosterone won't have negative influence on spermatozoid?
Brief Answer: No, it will have no negative influence on sperms. Detailed Answer: Testosterone will help improve the quality and quantity of sperms as your testosterone is already low. I would advise you to get the semen analysis done and use the long acting form of testosterone at 2 weekly interval. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
I attached sperm analysis. looks fine I think and I wanna keep that way so that's why I'm worry about taking testosterone. I know it will boost my libido rapidly but dont you think that first I should try to boost production of my own testosterone by taking together HCG with Clomid for some period of time?
Brief Answer: Go for pregnancy first Detailed Answer: Hi. Good to see your semen analysis, nice enough to go for having kids first before you take any of the medicines. Nothing is required except intravaginal ejaculation , which I expect you are having a capability of. It is better not to do hormonal manipulations until are really necessary and that too have to be done under an Expert's guidance only.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
but you told me its ok to injects testosterone to have better libido in my case when my testosterone level is low?
Brief Answer: Until I did not know your semen report Detailed Answer: Hi, I did ask you semen analysis reports. Now the report is normal. with less libido you still can have a baby. I think you prime importance is to have a child. So I would advise you to have least or no hormonal manipulation . You should once consult an Endocrinologist as he can guide and treat you accordingly. Regards,
I told you from the beginning that I wanna have kids and first 2 answers were that I should inject testosterone and this won't have negative influence on sperm.
Brief Answer: Consult an Endocrinologist Detailed Answer: Hi, Low testosterone level is an indication to get the injections done but the indication will be much stronger if you have any symptoms of the low testosterone levels. Since you complain of low libido which can get correction on injections, it is advisable to go for the injections. This is just an information/discussion to aid you have proper information which may help you in proper decision making with consultation with the Endocrinologist. Do consult an endocrinologist for the same. Wish you all the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
People also viewed
- Testosterone injections and fertility
- Is it safe to take testosterone injections for low libido
- Methadone testosterone injections
- Nerve damage and testosterone injections
- Saw palmetto testosterone injections
- Trying to conceive testosterone injections
- Is testosterone injections safe to improve libido
- Testosterone injections the cause of uti
- How safe are testosterone injections
- Testosterone injections painful throat
Questions Answered By Dr. T Chandrakant
- Is testosterone injections safe to improve libido?
- Will scratching my finger with a nail post cause any infection?
- Will Tramadol help in having normal stools post colectomy?
- Why am I having severe eye pain and blurry vision after taking...
- What causes stomach pain and blood in stool?
- Can continuos cough be symptoms of whooping cough?
- Suggest treatment for Low testosterone level and High TSH level?
- Suggest treatment for bloating and difficulty in passing urine when...
- Ia it normal to have foot pain post bunion operation?
- What are the different treatment options for uncontrollable bowel...