Is teether safe to use?
my baby boy was born on 23rd July 2014.
he is currently weighing 7.7 kgs. his weight at the time of birth was 2.7 kgs.
he seems to bite whatever coming in his way. can I buy a teether for him ?
also suggest diet if any for him at this time.
Must be 2013 ?
Thanks for writing to Healthcaremagic.
I think you typed july 2014 instead of 2013 as birth year. Am I correct ? If so your child is around one year of age and 7.7 kg is a bit on the lower side of normal for his birth weight.
1. Babies tend to put everything into their mouth at this age. Teethers can be used . But make sure they are non toxic of good quality, and do clean them everytime before giving to your baby.
2. You must try all soft foods which you cook at home . Ideally he should eat cereals and pulses atleast thrice daily, along with cerelac or ragi. Give him ghee or oil to each feed. Vegetables and fruits any may be given daily atleast two times every day.
Do continue feeding with mother or formula plus cows milk from one year of age.
Eggs fully boiled and non veg soups if ok with the family can be given.
Wishing him good health.
Ok then the weight is adequate for 6 months of age . Teethers can be given .
You can give boiled vegetables and fruits like apple boiled. You can start him on cereals like rice or ragi once or twice a day along with dhal. Cerelac can also be given once or twice but not compulsory if you are able to give him soft home made cereals.
After 8 months add other foods as I had mentioned in the previous answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Safe cream to use on clitoris
- Is it safe to use visine on babies
- Is it safe to use isotroin 10
- Is it safe using mtp kit
- Is it safe to use lactare
- Is it safe to use ceftum
- Is it safe to use a sunbed with implanon
- Is it safe to use melacare
- Is it safe to use aristozyme for better
- Is hcg safe to use with warfarin