Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Is swollen lymph node in armpit correlated with excessive night sweats?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3026 Questions
I have a swollen lymph node in my armpit with normal blood work, am 42 years old, female, with a mammogram scheduled. My night sweats are now every night and severe enough that I change my clothes every night at least once. The sweat has a vaginal, sour smell. What should I be investigating?
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get Tested For Tuberculosis , Lymphoma Detailed Answer: Dear Mam. Night sweats usually occur in lymphoma , tuberculosis Since you say your blood work is normal , so lymphoma gets down on the list. Best action would be to get biopsy of the lymph node. It will clear most of the thing. And a bone marrow can be done if required. If you have night sweat , weight loss , fever , lymphoma and Tuberculosis are strong possibilities. .Mamogram will rule out breast cancer. .Get ESR , X Ray Chest , Montoux test also. .Wish you a speedy recovery. .I hope I am able to answer your query , still if you have any query ask me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor