Is swollen feet and ankles normal after a sunburn?
Due to seepage through injured capillaries.
Welcome and thanks for your query.
With the sunburn, there would be some damage to the capillaries and there would be seepage of fluids from the blood into the subcutaneous tissue. This would take some time to settle. Keeping your legs elevated and the use of Reparil 20 mg Tablet(Amorphous aescin.) and gel local application, may help the swelling to subside faster.
If the swelling increases or becomes painful with tenderness of the calf muscles, it would be better to be examined by a doctor to check for any venous thrombosis.
Do get back to me if you have further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can sunburn cause swollen ankles
- Swollen forehead after sunburn
- Pregnant sunburn swollen feet ankles
- Petechia legs and feet sunburn
- Pregnant feet red and swollen thought sunburn
- Sunburn swollen foot cant fully move ankle
- Swollen ankles and feet after walking a lot reason
- Severe sunburn and swollen ankles
- Swollen feet from sunburn
- Swollen feet and ankles after surgery