Is switching from ASA 50 to Ecosprin advisable?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Question related to cardiology
Dear Doctor,
I had IHD (as doctor said) in the year 1977. Since then I never had any problem with this till date. However I am taking stamlobeta since 2006 and earlier Atenlol since 1977 to 2006.Besides this i am taking TG Tor 5 mg since 2006 and ASA 50 since 1999 for cardiology related problem. My attending physician suggested me to discontinue stamlobeta 50 mg and instead i should take Ramipril 2.5 mg,as my BP is very well under control since 1977. Also he has suggested to take Ecosprin AV 75mg instead of taking ASA 50 mg and TG Tor 5 mg separately. My LIPId profile is very well under controlled values. But true to say I am just afraid and hesitant to change over from my usual long standing drugs to these new drugs. Kindly advise me whether I can do this without any hesitation .If so what precautions to be taken if any by me, as the doctor did not tell me anything.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need not worry

Detailed Answer:

The newer medications advised to you are much better in acceptance and efficacy compared to the old ones. Need not worry, do start the newer medication, I would assure you that the control on your ailments continues the same without any complications or side effects.

If at al, there is any subjective problems faced then you can get back to the older medications again.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.