Is swelling of the penis a side effect of Levofloxacin?

Dr. Eni

Posted on Tue, 4 Sep 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: From about three weeks I had some flue and I took Tavacin 500mg (Levofloxacin) and was surprised after 3 days there was a wound on the front of the penis(right side)

I put the fucicort ointment for two weeks and the improvement was slight and the color of the wound turned to purpel

today i feel that there is some swollen in the front of penile

attached photo from 5 day under name of old photo

attached photo of today under name of new photo

kindly advice if there is ant something to worry about
Answered by Dr. Eni 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Further infromation

Detailed Answer:

Ulcers on a penis can be caused by different reasons. I would like to know if your ulcer was painful (tender) in the beginning and if you had swollen lymphs around your genitals and/or in your groins.

This will help me understand and differentiate between the possible causes.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Eni 1 hour later
dear DR

yes in the beginning the Ulcers was painful and more bigger than attached photo and the color was red

i dont know how i can check the lymph around groin but i checked by hand carefully and every thing is good and no problem at all

regarding ulcers is more better than the beginning but i am afraid due to i feel that there is some swollen in the front of penile

more information , there is no blood or pain during urine

i read on the internet about penile cancer and i am very worry

Answered by Dr. Eni 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chancroid is the most probable diagnosis

Detailed Answer:

From the pictures and from the description of the events and symptoms that you provided, I am inclined to assume that the lesion you have is construed.This is a painful ulcer with a non-regular border, and needs to be treated with Ceftriaxone IM single dose. Your sexual partner needs to be treated as well.

Since, this is a prescription drug and you will need a doctor's prescription to get it, I would recommend you to see a dermatologist for confirmation of the diagnosis.
You need to stay calm regarding your doubts about cancer. I see no signs or anything in your history relating to it.

Hope I have answered your query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Eni 55 minutes later
dear DR

many thanks for your reply

FYI . i do not have any sexual partner ,

today i see a doctor and he told me that the reason is drug allergy from tavanic

regarding my afraid about cancer did you see any sign related to it or no , and when i should worry about ?

regarding photo attached did you found any other ulcer on penile or any change in penile shape same as swollen or any other thing
Answered by Dr. Eni 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
No sign of cancer

Detailed Answer:

There is no sign of cancer in the pictures you sent me. Nor did I see any other ulcer. The area around the ulcer was somewhat swollen, but it's normal. Nothing to worry about!

You'll get healthy pretty soon.

Manoku Eni M.D.