Is swelling in the arm and shoulder pain after a dog bite require immediate medical attention?
pain, redness, swelling and warmth are signs of inflammation. You've got at least two of them. Infection is also likely but I can't say without clinical examination (and without a picture as well). Another helpful sign would be your body temperature. If you have fever then the infection is a sure thing and that would be an urgent situation. Otherwise you can wait until tomorrow for your doctor's assessment.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis,
Internal Medicine Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Shaky arm shoulder pain
- Right arm and shoulder pain
- Upper arm and shoulder pain after acdf
- Shoulder pain raising arm
- Sleeping on arm shoulder pain
- Shoulder pain after injecting meth in arm
- Shoulder pain spreading to arm
- Sudden arm and shoulder pain
- Arm and shoulder pain period
- Left arm and shoulder pain
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?