Is surgery required to treat and cure an infection that has grown in the groin to some glands in the area?
And according to him the only way is surgery to remove all infected glands in that area...is there another type of treatment that i could do other than surgery? and how difficult is the surgery?
please find attached pictures.
Usually surgery is curative.
Thank for your query.
Noted the history, seen the pictures and understood the concerns.
Sine the problem is recurrent discharge of pus from the same site, you have already taken proper treatment with Doxycyclin and Fucidin, the cause is obvious.
This is due to a sinus development.
This type of problems sometimes gets cured on its own if the tract becomes fibrous and the internal lining is dead.
Otherwise the only option is s surgical excision of the tract.
Usually this is a minor surgery and the results are great, cure is possible so that you do not have to take further antibiotics or so.
Please go ahead with the surgery.
Till then you can try the following:
Clean the area with liquid povidone iodine 2 to 3 times a day.
Keep the area ventilated by using loose clothes.
Avoid hot and humid atmosphere.
This may help in cure, worth trying.
I hope this answer helps you.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for surgery infection
- Treatment and cure for fungal groin infection
- Treatment and cure for adenoid gland infection
- Can spectazole cure fungal infection, groin ?
- Treatment and cure for lacrimal gland infection
- Treatment and cure for groin infection
- Treatment and cure for sweat gland infection
- Can naftin cure infection, fungal, groin ?
- Can oxistat cure infection, fungal, groin ?
- Treatment and cure for salivary glands infection