Is surgery advisable for sinonasal polyposis?

Dr. Sumit Bhatti

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 20 Sep 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I am sending My CT-SCAN Report of My Nose .Kindly tell me if there is any need for Surgery of My Nose based on this report

Please note that I have a usually blocked nose due to which I went for the CT scan

I also have an Endoscope Report whose Images I will upload by today evening. Hence, kindly HOLD on your answer till then.

I have uploaded the Endoscopic Report regarding my nose. Please provide the solution.
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sino Nasal Polyposis (SNP)

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. Use Nasowash hypertonic nasal wash. Add half a Budecort respule to each 200ml of prepared saline solution.

2. Take a course of antibiotics, oral steroids, anti-allergic and anti inflammatory medication if possible. Anti-fungal medication is not of much use.

3. This will shrink the polyps and drain the sinuses. The thinning of bones mentioned in the scan is usually due to partial volume averaging in scan images.

4. Polyps are a medical disease. Hence after endoscopic surgery, usually with a debrider, recurrence is a issue. In some cases, with extensive sinus surgery and sustained medical treatment, recurrence can be kept to a minimum.

5. If you can upload scan images, it will be helpful.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.