Is stomach bloating and bleeding normal after a surgical abortion?

Question
I had a surgical abortion yesterday. I gave bleeding like a normal period but reel very sick and bloated. Is this natural. Also have cramps not too bad. They move all around my abdomen
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It would soon be over!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these cramps that you are having. It is totally normal to have cramps after surgical abortion. Your doctors should have provided medications to address the pains and help with the uterine retraction process. Please, let them know about your current symptoms.

It would gradually get better with time. If they are severe, please try Ibuprofen and Tylenol for relief.

In all, it is normal. These symptoms would fade away before you know. If you have severe pains, please try the above medications.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.