Is stiffness in the finger joints upon waking a sign of arthritis?
When straightening my fingers, the pain is severe.
This is sign of arhritis
Hi and welcome.
Yes, this is one ot he typical signs of arthritis at its early stage and most common types are rheumatoid arhritis or spondiloarhritis. Other types include autoimmune disorders. You should start with some tests to verify exact type so that treatemnt can be started if required. At this point,try to stretch every morning your hands and finger for few minutes,have hot baths in the morning, take nonsteroid painkillers and avoid excessive keyboard typing. You ned to do xrays of hands, check your rheumatoid factor in blood and urate acid in blood,this will rule out rheuamtoid arthritis. Wish you good health. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen finger joints arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis in finger joints
- Could stiff neck be due to arthritis
- Stiffness in little finger joint
- Knee pain and stiffness arthritis
- Stiff finger joint treatment
- Stiff index finger with swelling taking advil arthritis
- Arthritis in lower back and finger joints treatment
- Arthritis nodules on finger joints
- Ibuprofen joint stiff reaction