Is stiffness in the finger joints upon waking a sign of arthritis?
At night my hands r curve while m sleep , when I wake up in the morning to move my fingers, I have to slowly stretch/ spread my fingers open, the pain is about 10? Is this a sign of Arthritis.
hurt so bad do u think it might be arthritis
Yes it is a sign of arthritis
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. I will try to suggest you next course of action.
First of all, as far as your query is concerned, Yes, such symptoms that yiu have described are called morning stiffness and it is part of arthritis and it is a discounting point between various types of arthritis depending upon duration of stiffness.
You need to consult your GP and ask for some basic blood screening tests including Complete blood count, ESR, CRP, RA factor and ANA. Arrange a referral to rheumatologist for a detailed evaluation and concerning radiographs of hands. Meanwhile keep using analgesics like acetaminophen or ibuprofen for symptomatic relief.
Hoping you a speedy recovery. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. You can also reach me directly through my profile in future, in case of any more queries. Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen finger joints arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis in finger joints
- Could stiff neck be due to arthritis
- Stiffness in little finger joint
- Knee pain and stiffness arthritis
- Stiff finger joint treatment
- Stiff index finger with swelling taking advil arthritis
- Arthritis in lower back and finger joints treatment
- Arthritis nodules on finger joints
- Ibuprofen joint stiff reaction