question-icon

Is stapled anopexy a good surgery for piles ?

Posted on Thu, 12 Apr 2012
Question: Hi Doctor,
I am suffering from fourth degree piles and fissure i have shown to two surgeons one has suggested Stapled anopery with Fissurectomy and other has suggested Bandhgation with Fissureectomy which is a better option of surgery.
Rgds
Anurag
Answered by Dr. Mitaly (42 minutes later)
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting your query

Stapled Anopexy is a new procedure for the treatment of fourth degree piles and is mainly followed when there are XXXXXXX piles present along with the external.This procedure is much faster as compared to traditional banding and ligation, has less pain after the surgery and patient recovers faster.Though it is associated with risks as bleeding,infection etc but if both external and XXXXXXX hemmarhoids are present then it is a good option to go for.
Regarding the Banding it is usually done in the case of second and third degree piles.In this the recovery time is long,hospital stay is extended and pain may be present for longer duration.

The surgeon after examining the hemmarhoids their extent,location,severity can take the decision.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up query.
Dr. Mitaly