Is spotting normal after taking Plan B?
The spotting is the withdrawal bleed.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Ovulation occurs two weeks prior to the onset of the next menstrual period. As you are due for your next period on the 3rd of February, your ovulation should have occurred around 20th of January. This means that you had the intercourse during the safe period. Thus you have no risk of conception.
The emergency contraceptive pill provides adequate protection when taken within the stipulated time. The pill contains high dose of progestogen and hence creates disturbances in the hormone balance. This is the cause of the spotting you have noticed.
Also, your next natural period may get delayed by a week or two due to this hormone imbalance. Please get help from a specialist if you become overdue by ten days.
Hope your query has been clarified. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.
There is no need to worry.
Thanks for writing back.
There is no need to worry because there is no risk of conception. Also, spotting and sometimes bleeding as in a proper period is common after using the pill. Just see a specialist for regularizing the cycles if at all you become overdue for your next natural period.
Hope this helps.
Your next natural period may get delayed.
Thanks for writing back.
Your next natural period may get delayed as your hormonal milieu is disturbed due to the pill. That is why I asked you to see a specialist for further help if you become overdue by ten days. You do not have any risk of conception. You may just need some correction of cycle.
Hope this helps. Please contact if you need any more information.
Pregnancy is not possible.
Thanks for writing again.
Pregnancy is not possible in your case. Yes, you may have a delayed period. It may also be on time and in such a case, you don't have to do anything else. Please make sure you don't use the emergency contraceptive pill more than once or twice in a year. Instead, use regular contraception.
Hope all your queries have been clarified. Wish you good health.
Okay , This was my frist time using plan b ,i only took 1
Pill . im not gonna use it nomore . Thank you so much for helping me . It makes me feel better that im not pregant (: .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Spotting week after taking ecp is it normal
- Brown gooey discharge after taking plan b normal symptoms
- Is it normal to have spotting after taking pregnacare
- Spotting after taking plan b
- Spotting and passing clots after taking mononessa normal
- Spotting after taking plan b fishy smelling discharge reason
- Is brown spotting and cramps normal after taking noriday
- Reason for spotting and delayed period after taking plan b
- Is brownish mucus and spotting normal after taking modus
- Consistent stomach pain after taking plan b normal
- Have had cesarean. What are the chances of cesarean for next pregnancy?
- Fetal heart rate 112-118 at 6 weeks pregnancy. Is this normal?
- Missing periods after mirena coil fitted. Should I be worried?
- Have PCOD. Advised gynaset. Looking for suggestion
- Pregnant. Started spotting, no cardiac activity seen. Taling fertigyn...
- Got delayed and prolonged period. What am I suffering from?
- Took postpone - 72 after unprotected sex. Started spotting. Side effect...
- Had novasure procedure. Getting smelly light red discharge. Any infection?
- Took paxil for anxiety disorder. Had unprotected sex. Missing period and...
- How to postpone my period date?