Is spitting up blood after a lung surgery a cause for concern?
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns
You are concerned about coughing up blood today. You had lung surgery for a lung infection and now post op things have been good up until today. If you feel good without shortness of breath, fever chills or persistent cough then I would not be too concerned. If you develop fever and the cough worsens then I would recommend being seen as soon as possible. The one time coughing of blood could be just a little irritation and nothing to worry about but if it continues then you need that investigated
I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for bone cancer
- What causes dry mouth and white patch on tongue?
- What causes burning sensation and pain in elbow joint and hip joint?
- Suggest treatment for skin rashes
- What are side effects of Metanx?
- What does a brown spot on arm indicate?
- What causes hair growth on heel?
- Suggest treatment for itchy, painful and swollen legs
- Suggest treatment for hemiplegic migraines
- What causes itching and pain in feet at night while sleeping?